Difference between revisions of "Stability"
Latest revision as of 21:14, 9 January 2014
What is it?[edit | edit source]
Stability is a commercial product made by Seachem. It is a bottle that contains in a liquid, billions of four species of bacteria. Two nitrifying, one waste eating bacteria and a fourth bacteria species that eats nitrate.
What does it do?[edit | edit source]
It provides the aquarist to virtually instantly cycle an aquarium by populating a filter with nitrifying bacteria. Certainly within 3 days. This allows the aquarist to populate a new aquarium with fish from day one.
It also performs competitive exclusion on any potential bad bacteria introduced with the fish by the virtue of the waste control bacteria as well as eating any spare fish food and fish waste that is lying around. Therefore leading to healthier fish.
Bottle sizes[edit | edit source]
Seachem provide it in a variety of bottle sizes from 50ml to 20L.
Directions of use[edit | edit source]
Add some fish to the tank. The bacteria in Stability will need fish waste to keep alive. Use 1 capful (5 ml) for each 40 Litres (10.6US G.) on the first day with a new aquarium. Then use 1 capful for each 80 Litres (21.1US G.) daily for 7 days. Fish and other aquatic species may be introduced at any time as long as dosage is maintained for 7 days. For optimum biofilter performance use 1 capful for each 40 Litres (10.6US G.) once a month or with each water change and whenever introducing new fish or whenever medicating an aquarium.
- Turn off any UV filtering device just before adding of Stability and leave off for around 24 hours.
Special notes[edit | edit source]
- Seachem have a excellent customer forum on its web site and people can ask the Seachem staff questions on their products or general aquarium issues.
- Stability MSDS is available from the Seachem site here.
- Seachem claim that the bacteria in Stability are non-sulphur fixing. Most other bacterial supplements will form toxic hydrogen sulphide under the proper conditions. Stability will not, ever.
- It is safe to use. It can not be overdosed or harm aquarium animals.
- Most popular mistake made with any bacterial product is that people add it to a tank before adding fish or manually adding ammonia. The result is that within 48 hours the bacteria simply is starved to death, wasting your money.
Availability[edit | edit source]
Stability is commoningly available in the USA, UK, and the EU as well as online. Though don't expect your average pet store to have this state-of-the-art product in stock.