Difference between revisions of "Talk:Misgurnus anguillicaudatus"
From The Aquarium Wiki
Latest revision as of 08:42, 5 April 2012
I thought that Golden loaches are supposed to be kept with Goldfish as both love coldwater environments. Petsmart even labels them in the "Goldfish community" rather than the tropical one. Can someone please explain?
- Hi Cephas, these fish need a cold water environment with a decent level of water current. Some Goldfish, especially fancy ones, need a warmer room temperature of say 20-25°C (68-77°F) and low water current due to their lack of control in swimming.
- If you only plan to put them in a large tank with plain short fin goldfish then they should be ok.
- I personally wouldn't keep one goldfish/Loach in less than a 4 foot tank, they grow quite large within a year! --Quatermass 03:20, 4 April 2012 (CDT)
- I have also heard of these Loaches having mad moments whilst in tanks with Goldfish, crashing headlong into the side of the Goldfish, that leaves the Goldfish with irreparable internal damage. I definitely would not recommend them housing with Goldfish, despite them doing well in cooler temperatures. Goldfish should be kept in species tanks. --Cat 16:34, 4 April 2012 (CDT)
- That's right, they're called Weather Loaches for a reason!
- Stores only want to sell things, they don't really care about the 'detail'. No shop tells the customer the negative side of buying their stock. --Quatermass 03:42, 5 April 2012 (CDT)